|Cape Town +27 (0)21 551 9675||Johannesburg +27 (0)11 234 3554||KZN +27 (0)31 764 0436||Namibia +264 (0)61 253 383||Technologies +27 (0)21 551 9675||Angola +244 222 019 282|
Is Your Home Fireproof ?
It is impossible for your home to be 100% fireproof; however, you can make sure that it is as safe as possible. This could prevent the loss of possessions as well as the loss of lives.
Every year, hundreds of people are killed in domestic fires across the country, most likely due to people not having enough fire safety in their homes. Fires can start at any time; especially in winter therefore fire prevention methods are important.
To insure that your house is safe from the threat of a fire, follow these tips:
* Make sure you have a smoke alarm
* Do not overload plug points
* Never leave unattended fires, candles or other naked fames around the house
* Supervise kids around electrical devices or fires and keep lighters and matches out of their reach
* Have a blanket and a fire extinguisher in reach (especially in the kitchen)
* Do not smoke in bed
*Turn off all electrical appliances before going to bed or leaving the house
* Keep heaters and open flames away from your furniture
* Have a fire escape plan